We all woke this morning (some, or at least one, earlier than others) to a fresh layer of snow. Some of us (mostly Amber) were thrilled to see this, as snow no longer comes with early morning wake up calls and hard manual labor. Others of us shivered at the thought of arraying ourselves in an assortment of dresses, nylons, leggings, boots (yellow polka-dot rain boots are our favorite), flats, sweaters and coats and trekking our way to church. For the first Sunday back, we found our meetings quite impressive and have come away spiritually enlightened and ready to face a new week! After we take a President Kimball endorsed nap, that is. ;)
As Sundays are pretty quiet, we started to throw around some ideas that we could use on this blog, and this is what we came up with: each of us will have our own little segments that are related to the things that we are studying and/or interested in. We kind of want them to be interactive, so email us at wearecougars.alec@gmail.com, or leave a comment to go along with our different segments. Also, email us or leave a comment if you have any comments, concerns, suggestsions, whatever. So, here is a list and descriptions of what each of us will do:
Amber's World of Language and Linguistics - So, pretty much, I'm a nerd (a serious hard core nerd according to Emily) when it comes to language. I can't help that I love grammar. Don't judge me. Most of these posts will be dedicated to things within language and linguistics that I find interesting. It could be anything from grammar to semantics to the OED or something new I've just learned about in class. I am also open to suggestions, so let me know what questions you might have about language and I'll see what I can do.:) Who knows, I might just help you find what you need to win that argument or discover when someone is trying to deceive you with their language.
Therapy with Emily - Emily wants this to be the "Dear Abby" section of our blog. She realizes this may seem a bit egotistical in asking her to help you solve your problems, but give it a try, she's nice, she'll let you remain annonymous if you'd like, and it might end up being just the tiniest bit of fun. (Also, feel free to ask her about her roommates, she might just reveal things that they'd rather you didn't know.) When she doesn't have any problems to fix, she'll just post her random musings that may or may not be coherent and that you may or may not care about, but stop by anyway. Nothing like an audience for a bumbling lunatic, or so she says.
"I don't want to date him, I just want to dance with him" by Lori - This will be Lori's catch-all segment, when we can convice her to stop studying and actually contribute something. ;) She'll probably talk a lot about her favorite past time - dancing! You might get a little about how crazy her roommates are, how much homework she's done this week, the boys she "doesn't" want to date, and her major. Ok, so maybe she won't talk about boys, but you might get some good study tips.
Chelsea's Chatty Theatre - Chelsea is our resident actress/film reviewer/whimsical entertainer/ray of sunshine. She will talk about her passion, which happens to be the theatre. She might post about productions she's going to be in, productions going on around campus, movies, or plays she's read or reading. She and Lori also might team up to talk about and review the dance productions they have to go to for their contemporary dance classes.
Confessions of a Bookworm - This will be a segment that all four of us contribute to as we all loooooove books. We'll pick books we like and tell you about them. If you have any suggestions for books we should read, let us know, and maybe we'll read them and review them.
I think that's about it for today's musings. But before we go, we want you to know our fun is not inappropriate. We are honor code following BYU students, how inappropriate could our fun get?
Don't answer that. It was a rhetorical question.
Although the thought of all of you together terrifies me and I always seem awkward and retarded when interacting with any of you, I am super excited for this blog. I'll probably just skip over Chelsea's section, though. I can barely stand listening to her as it is.
ReplyDeleteWe know exactly what you mean Zac. We'll do our best to make sure you don't see her too much when you come out in February. Wouldn't want her to ruin the visit, right?
ReplyDelete